WordCamp Vancouver is tomorrow! Can you believe it? We sure can’t! Can you even hold in the excitement?
Here’s some important information for you to know for tomorrow.
- WordCamp Vancouver takes place at BCIT Downtown Campus at 555 Seymour Street – Vancouver, V6B 3H6. We recommend walking, biking or using public transit to get to BCIT Downtown Campus. If you use public transit, please get off at Granville station (using expo/millenium line) or Vancouver City Center (using Canada line). If you are arriving by car, please note that the BCIT parking lot will be closed on August 17th. There are other public parking lots nearby, notably on Seymour St. Parking on the street may be difficult and/or costly. We’ve shared more details about venue, transportation and accommodations here.
- Registration and some light networking begins at 8:00a. Opening remarks kick us off at 8:50a and speakers begin at 9:15a. Opening and closing remarks will be given in both the Conference and Atrium rooms but not the Board room.
- You do not need to bring anything to prove that you’ve registered to the event. We’ve got you covered.
- Generally speaking, we don’t recommend chugging along your heavy laptop. Bring your phone or tablet, sure; but this once a year event is a great opportunity for you to mingle, network and learn from other WordPress minded individuals, your pressing emails or work can wait ;). We’ll even provide something for you to take notes!
- There will be tea, coffee and water available throughout the day. Some light breakfast pastries will be served with registration. Please do not expect to have a full breakfast. Lunch will be served at 12p. Other small snacks will be made available throughout the day as well.
- The schedule is posted here. It will also be available on the home page of this site, on printed banners and in some of the swag given to all attendees during the day. There are 3 tracks in 3 rooms. The conference room and the board room are on the second floor of the building. The atrium is on the 8th floor of the building. Don’t worry there is 5 elevators and lots of signage to get you there in time for that session you want to see!
- We did make one small change to the schedule since it was originally posted. Please note that due to the last minute nature of this change, some of the printed materials will not have this change incorporated. Sorry! Due to unforeseen circumstances Bruce Gruenbaum has had to cancel his talk. As a result, we have added a new speaker, Ben Lobaugh at 11:15 in the Atrium. He will be speaking on Taking flight with Jetpack development.
- We’ve got a great after party planned at Rogue Wet Kitchen and Bar, just a few blocks away from the venue at 601 W. Cordova St. The party starts at 6p. We hope you can join us there!
- Thanks so much to all of our sponsors. We’d like to highlight BlueHost, DreamHost, Washington State University and of course BCIT for making the event possible!
- There will be volunteers at the event wearing black and blue WordCamp Vancouver shirts that say “WordCamp Ranger” on the back of them. If you have any issue, questions or comments during the event, just find one of us.
See you soon!
WordCamp Organizers Jill, Flynn and Joey